PDPA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognizes both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organizations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
1. OUR COMMITMENTWe, RHB Securities Singapore Pte Ltd (Company Registration No. 198701140E), believe in respecting and protecting your privacy and personal data. We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect, use, disclose, store and.or process your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to visit and use this website, you confirm that you understand and consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATAGenerally, we collect personal data that is linked to an individual, whether true or not. For example, an individual’s name, address, phone number, gender, nationality, marital status, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, NRIC number, driver’s licence number, photographs and other audio-visual material, employment information, payment information and email address. This is not an exhaustive list and we trust that the personal data that we collected from you is accurate and true. We may also collect other types of personal data from you through your transactions with us and our affiliates, partners and subsidiaries or in connection with certain activities such as participating in certain events or mailing lists and applications for employment. In addition, we may automatically collect certain information about you in connection with your visit(s) to our site, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, your login information, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Apart from personal data, we may collect other types of information which is not linked to an individual and which is anonymous. For example, the number of website visitors and the number of website users using a particular service. In this way, we hope to improve our customer services.
3. PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, personal data is collected for the following purposes:
(a) Providing a service and / or a product to you; and
(b) Legal compliance on our part under applicable laws.
We may, in the future, use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes, but not limited to:
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with personalised content on our website;
- evaluating and improving the quality and content of our products and services;
- processing and responding to inquiries and/or feedback;
- processing purchase or credit transactions;
- the purposes for which you provided the information;
- complying with a Court order or other legal process or statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities; and
- exceptional circumstances, such as national emergency or security concern.
We may share and disclose your personal data with and to our group of companies or business partners or third party service providers, whether in Singapore or abroad for the purposes stated above. However, before we do so, we will ensure that such third parties maintain confidentiality of your data and has reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to relevant third parties as a result of any restructuring, sale or acquisition of any company within the RHB Banking Group. In addition, there may be circumstances under applicable laws where we are permitted to collect, process and disclose personal data without your consent. You may obtain more information by contacting us (see Section 16).
4. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OVERSEASTo the extent that we may need to transfer personal data outside of Singapore, whether to our group companies or business partners or third party service providers or simply to data storage facilities, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and integrity of your personal data are in place and shall do so in accordance with the PDPA to ensure that we provide a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA .
5. CONSENTGenerally, when we request for personal data in the course of providing you a service and / or product and you provide use with such personal data, there is implied consent that you agree to provide us with personal data in order for us to provide you with the requested service and / or product.
In some circumstances and as required by applicable laws, we will seek your express consent when collecting your personal data. For example, where there are new purposes for the use of your personal data, we will seek your fresh consent.
If you do not want your personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed by us, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time by completing and submitting the Request Form for Withdrawal of Consent/Access to Personal Data/Correction of Personal Data which can be found in our website(or by clicking on this link) to us via the contact details in Section 16.
6. SITUATIONS NOT REQUIRING CONSENTWe will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
- we may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or we may tell our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions; and / or
- as permitted under the laws of Singapore
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTIONYou may request to access and/or correct your personal data by completing and submitting the Request Form for Withdrawal of Consent/Access to Personal Data/Correction of Personal Data found in our website (or by clicking on this link) to us via the contact details in Section 16. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the r ight to deny you access to your personal data and may provide a n explanation as required by applicable laws.
8. RETENTIONPersonal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
9. ACCURACYIn order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by completing and submitting our Request Form for Withdrawal of Consent/Access to Personal Data/Correction of Personal Data found in our website (or by clicking on this link).
10. SECURITY SAFEGUARDSWe have put in place the security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
11. DO NOT CALL (DNC) REGISTRYThe DNC Registry covers message sent for marketing and promotional purpose to all Singapore numbers. This does not include service calls or reminder calls made by us to render services bought by individual. The DNC Registry accepts registration of only 8-digit Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, home and office numbers. Any Singapore number that begins with 3, 6, 8 or 9 can be registered. *Instant messaging services for smart phones using a mobile data connection with phone numbers *(eg: Whatsapp, Viber, Line etc.) as an identifier are covered under the DNC provision.
We are required by law to check the Do Not call (DNC) Registry before conducting any telemarketing activities. If you have given us your clear and unambiguous consent to be contacted for such purposes, we are not required to check the Registry.
If you wish to opt out of receiving telemarketing messages (including messages which promote or advertise goods or services) in a voice call, SMS/MMS, or fax, you can do so by completing and submitting the Consent Form to us via the contact details stated in Section 16.
13. COOKIESA cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. By accessing our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your computer or device. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
14. PREVAILING TERMSThis Privacy Notice shall supplement our General Terms and Conditions. If you have agreed to our General Terms & Conditions or Account Application Form, as the case may be, in the event of inconsistency between such General Terms & Conditions or Account Application Form and this Privacy Notice, our General Terms & Conditions or Account Application Form shall prevail.
15. GOVERNING LAWNote that as we are a Singapore registered company, this Privacy Notice has been drafted solely in accordance with the laws of Singapore. We do not represent or warrant that this Privacy Notice complies with the privacy laws of any other jurisdiction and accordingly, you shall not construe this Privacy Notice as such.
16. CONTACT USIf you any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us in writing at the address below referencing ‘Privacy Notice':
|Telephone||+65 6533 8428|
|Fax Number||+65 6536 4229|
|Address||10 Collyer Quay #09-08, Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315|